Iconic Carolina Beach Boardwalk Welcomes New Businesses
CAROLINA BEACH, NC – July 13, 2016 – Carolina Beach is announcing the addition of seven new businesses to its award-winning Boardwalk this summer. The newest shops at the Carolina Beach Boardwalk will range from a new arcade to a locally owned sandwich shop and a specialty store with over 500 varieties of salsas, BBQ sauces and other condiments.
The Carolina Beach Boardwalk is a beloved icon that has made Budget Travel’s list of America’s Most Awesome Boardwalks and has been featured by CNN, FOX News, USA TODAY and more. The new businesses will join existing Boardwalk favorites like Britt’s Donuts, serving its famous glazed donuts since 1939; the Fudgeboat, known for its hand made butter and cream fudge; Wheel Fun Rentals, offering everything from surrey bikes built for eight to surfboards and boogie boards; and seaside amusement rides during the summer months.
The Boardwalk received a facelift in 2015 including 16-foot walkways, additional ADA accessible beach access points, and enhanced beach access. A brand new Hampton Inn & Suites, located oceanfront and near the Boardwalk, is slated to open later this summer. Thanks to the new additions, Boardwalk visitors will have even more shops, restaurants and things to during their next visit to Carolina Beach.
- Boardwalk Arcade – This new, much-anticipated business filled with bright lights and the sounds of arcade games is sure to entertain the kids as well as bring out the inner child in any adult. With pinball machines, video games, redemption games and so much more, there’s endless fun to be found at the new Carolina Beach Boardwalk Arcade, slated to open this fall.
- Smuggler’s Cove Provision Company – Let your inner pirate shine and yell “ahoy” as you pass Captain Slosh and Lady Stella, the shop’s two mascots. Open since December 2015, this outfitter offers coastal apparel for the whole family as well as mermaid and pirate-themed gifts and jewelry.
- Sea Bees Subs – Refuel after a long day with a crisp salad, freshly pressed panini or Sea Bees signature sub like the See Bee PBB&B. For a great on-the-beach lunch with the family, pick up a Sea Bees picnic pack using fresh produce from Carolina Beach. This locally owned shop uses eco-friendly preparation methods and is now open for business.
- Go Sauce Yourself – Get saucy and stray from your regular ketchup and mustard condiment routine. Since opening its doors in April, Go Sauce Yourself has kept its shelves stocked with 500 varieties of salsas and BBQ sauces that are sure to surprise and satisfy your taste buds. Specialty jams, relishes and jams are also a unique way to bring the flavor of Carolina Beach back with you after an amazing vacation.
- Seaside Gifts and Treasures – Find the perfect souvenir or gift at this locally owned, newly opened shop. Items range from handmade nautical gifts to beach provisions, and even Christmas ornaments!
- King’s Beachwear – King’s Beachwear carries all the necessities you need for a relaxing day at the beach including beach towels, sunscreen, hats and t-shirts. Keep an eye out for the shop’s grand opening this fall.
- Let’s Sail – Get prepared for a day on the beach, a kayak excursion, or surf and SUP lessons with a trip to Let’s Sail, coming to Carolina Beach in the fall. Pick up board shorts, rash guards, swimwear and more. And don’t forget the sunscreen!
About Carolina Beach
Carolina Beach offers the best of a North Carolina beach experience from the past with a fun, family-friendly spin for today. Visitors can experience a vintage, nationally recognized boardwalk, Carolina Beach State Park, one-of-a-kind festivals and events, world-class fishing, miles of beautiful beach, and all kinds of people united by their love of good times that are unmistakably Carolina Beach. For more information, go to www.VisitCarolinaBeachNC.com or call (800) 641-7082. Find us on Facebook at www.facebook/CarolinaBeachNC and Twitter and Instagram, @CarolinaBeachNC.
French West Vaughan