Wilmington Convention Center
Largest Convention Center on North Carolina's Coast
The Wilmington Convention Center (WCC) is the largest convention center on the North Carolina coast and features waterfront views, design and elements where sustainability is second-nature and individual comfort lies in every meeting room. The 107,000 square-foot building, which is LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certified, captures the essence of the historic riverfront and railroad that established Wilmington while maintaining an eco-friendly, innovative design.
From high-profile bookings to groups seeing record-breaking attendances, the Wilmington Convention Center has experienced success. Conventions hosted at the center have boasted record-breaking attendance, with increases of 15% to 125% at their annual meetings and conferences held at the Wilmington Convention Center.
At A Glance
The convention center offers meeting, convention and event capabilities for:
- 15 to 2,000 people
- 30,000-square-foot Exhibit Hall
- Full A/V sound system, lighting controls, concessions and Internet
- 30-foot ceiling height
- Drive-in floor access suited for tractor trailers
- 5,784 square feet of additional meeting space with option to divide into eight separate rooms
- 12,000-square-foot Grand Ballroom with option to divide into six separate rooms
- 12,000 square feet of outdoor space on the Event Lawn
- 15,000+ square-foot pre-function space
- Covered outdoor riverfront seating with spectacular river views
- Full-service banquet kitchen featuring SAVOR catering by SMG
- 580+ space parking deck
- LEED® certified
- Wilmington International Airport (ILM) three miles away
Theme & Decor
The facility fittingly bears a maritime theme and decor - including curved exterior and interior elements which resemble sails, waves and massive hulls of ships. The sleek ceiling beams throughout the convention center are made from rich western red cedar, a wood used in traditional ship building. Historical artwork, spanning a period of more than 100 years, is displayed throughout and captures Wilmington as a working industrial city and an important military port.
The Wilmington Convention Center is the ideal facility for meetings and conventions, offering the perfect backdrop of historical charm and waterfront views.