From high-profile bookings to groups seeing record-breaking attendances, the Wilmington Convention Center has experienced success. Conventions hosted at the center have boasted record-breaking attendance, with increases ranging from 15% to 125% at their annual meetings and conferences held at the Wilmington Convention Center.
At A Glance
The convention center offers meeting, convention and event capabilities for:
- 15 to 2,000 people
- 30,000-square-foot Exhibit Hall
- Full A/V sound system, lighting controls, concessions and Internet
- 30-foot ceiling height
- Drive-in floor access suited for tractor trailers
- 5,784 square feet of additional meeting space with option to divide into 8 separate rooms
- 12,000-square-foot Grand Ballroom with option to divide into 6 separate rooms
- 12,000 square feet of outdoor space on the Event Lawn
- 15,000+ square-foot pre-function space
- Covered outdoor riverfront seating with spectacular river views
- Full-service banquet kitchen featuring SAVOR catering by SMG
- 580+ space parking deck
- LEED® certified
- Wilmington International Airport (ILM) four miles away
- CLICK for floor plan
- CLICK for photo gallery
- CLICK for virtual tour
- CLICK for WCC brochure
The facility fittingly bears a maritime theme and decor - including curved exterior and interior elements which resemble sails, waves and massive hulls of ships. The sleek ceiling beams throughout the convention center are made from rich western red cedar, a wood used in traditional ship building. Historical artwork, spanning a period of more than 100 years, is displayed throughout and captures Wilmington as a working industrial city and an important military port.
The Wilmington Convention Center is the ideal facility for meetings and conventions, offering the perfect backdrop of historical charm and waterfront views.