Why Meet in Wilmington, NC
A Meeting Location that Feels Like a Vacation
Experience the perks of meeting in a coastal destination with the conveniences and amenities of a big city. From our choice location and superb facilities, to all there is to do when your meetings adjourn, Wilmington, NC allows you to defy convention when planning your next meeting or event. And thanks to good weather year-round, it’s an ideal location for outdoor events.
From our charming historic riverfront town with a walkable Convention District to three island beaches, our coastal destination offers everything you need to host a memorable event all in one place. Press play to discover fresh possibilities on the best of the Carolina Coast.
The Carolina Coastal Experience is Everything You Need to Host a Memorable Meeting or Event - All in One Place
- Creativity and energy are around every corner creating settings that redefine the meeting experience.
- The burgeoning River District and award-winning riverfront abound with a vibrant nightlife and entertainment, local boutiques, cafes and art galleries.
- Sea- and farm-to-table dining features local, fresh, sustainably sourced ingredients.
- Stand apart with 30 meeting facilities and more than 40 unique off-site and open-air venues, from a riverboat to a riverfront park or an event pier at a marina to an aquarium.
- Selected as one of "The South's Best Cities" by readers of Southern Living magazine, Wilmington was also chosen as America's Best Riverfront, and the Riverwalk was selected as one of the country's best riverwalks in USA Today's 10Best Readers' Choice awards.
- Rich Southern culture and historic charm blend seamlessly with a downtown that offers all the modern amenities of a big city.
- Wilmington is home to one of the largest National Register Historic Districts in the United States.
- See the sights with guided activities like history tours, craft beer excursions on the Wilmington Ale Trail, themed walking tours, river cruises and more.
- Enjoy coastal-themed festivals and signature events held throughout the year, providing built-in entertainment for attendees.
- Discover Carolina Beach, Kure Beach and Wrightsville Beach, nationally recognized beaches located just minutes away.
- Hit the water with lessons by the pros, on guided tours and excursions, kayaking, paddle boarding, sailing or surfing in Wrightsville Beach.
- Find a laid-back beach vibe during a colorful family escape to free-spirited Carolina Beach for good times on a vintage boardwalk, at a state park and more.
- Reconnect with nature and family on a beach guaranteed to evoke favorite childhood memories in Kure Beach.
- With its natural surroundings, walkable downtown and nearby beaches, Wilmington has plenty to see and do before or after your meeting or event.
- Paddle through waterways, lakes and estuaries on a kayak or standup paddleboard.
- Hike scenic trails in picturesque state parks or take in breathtaking blooms in sprawling Southern gardens.
- Take a narrated river or island cruise in search of the perfect sunset.
- Bike nature and river-to-sea trails.
- Dance the night away to live music with a view at a waterfront amphitheater.
- Meet in the only convention center on NC's coast, which is eco-friendly, LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certified and ideally suited for small- to medium-sized meetings for up to 2,000 people.
- Experience personalized service attention based on the center's intimate size.
- Many groups max out their registration at meetings and events held here.
- Area hotels offering nearly 8,000 guestrooms and suites typically offer off-season savings November through March; Sunday arrivals and mid-week arrival and departure patterns are the most affordable.
- The center's downtown walkable location and Convention District offering nearly 900 rooms and suites make it less costly and more convenient for attendees to enjoy the city and off-site activities.
- The University of North Carolina at Wilmington is consistently ranked among the best Southeastern universities, offering an abundance of academic resources and speakers for meeting and event planners.
- Enjoy year-round good weather and welcoming hospitality.